Join a renowned international community of researchers committed to finding better treatments and a cure for Fanconi anemia. We award grants on an annual basis, but welcome inquiries year-round. Grants are recommended by our proposal review committee (PRC), a sub-committee made up of board members, scientific advisory board members, and our scientific director.
How Do I Apply?
- Submit a letter of intent (LOI). LOIs are reviewed by the PRC for potential funding determination.
- The principal investigator is either invited to submit a full grant application or is informed that the LOI was not recommended for further consideration.
- Upon receipt, full applications are processed and assigned external (peer) reviewers.
- Once peer reviews have been received, each grant application is sent to the PRC for review.
- The PRC deliberates each application and may request further information.
- The PRC produces a report compiling their feedback and the peer reviews.
- The PRC makes funding recommendations to the board of directors.
- The board of directors holds an official vote.
- The principal investigator is informed of the funding decision within one week of the vote.
- Selected applicants will receive an acceptance of award letter for review and signature.
When Can I Apply?
2018/19 funding cycle
Letter of Intent Due Date: October 12, 2018
Investigator Informed of Decision (Letter of Intent): November 2, 2018
Grant Submission Due Date: February 15, 2019
Board of Directors Decision Date: June 21, 2019
Investigator Informed of Decision: June 28, 2019
Am I Eligible To Apply?
Principle investigators and post-doctoral fellows may apply. Note: fellows must submit their applications with their mentor(s).